OHAN (Oak Hill Association of Neighborhoods) is an umbrella organization of neighborhoods founded in 1985 to enhance and preserve the quality of life in Oak Hill and its surrounding communities. All OHAN members reside in the region shown on the OHAN Geographical Region Map.
OHAN provides a forum within which Oak Hill and its surrounding communities can identify, discuss, and provide input about
- regional issues that affect our community;
- ways to best manage growth to enhance the quality of life and opportunities offered to all who live within our community;
- public services to and facilities within our community;
- ways to best improve transportation resources, including roadways and public transportation;
- ways to best preserve and enhance our community’s public parks and recreation facilities
- education- and school-related issues that affect our community; and
- ways to best preserve, protect, and manage natural resources and wildlife within our community.
Through monthly meetings, dialog, presentations, and public correspondence which includes resolutions, letters, and representation at public meetings, OHAN provides significant input to many regional organizations while neither supporting any political party nor endorsing any political candidate. These organizations include property developers, Austin City Planning Commission, Staff, Council, and Police and Fire Departments, Texas Department of Transportation, Travis County officials, EMS, governmental bodies, and elected officials. Through its membership, OHAN strengthens and preserves regional neighborhood associations and the relationships and bonds among them.
Want to learn about the status of the Highway 290 West project, SH45, MoPac, and Oak Hill Bike Trails? How are your tax dollars being spent? The member neighborhoods discuss these and many other important issues affecting the way of life in Oak Hill.
Williamson Creek flowing through Oak Hill / Photo by Alan Watts
Wednesday, June 14, 2017 at 7PM
ACC Pinnacle Campus, 10th Floor
7748 US 290 West
Austin, Texas 78736
Lynda Rife, Bubba Needham and Rose Marie Klee to discuss the latest updates for TxDOT’s proposed Oak Hill Parkway 2040 Plan.
Enter your name and email to be notified of upcoming OHAN events and important news: